I have now spent five days in Paris and I haven't gotten sick of it yet! There is never any time for boredom when you're here, and especially not with these walking tours we've been doing. This week, Professor Fry has been taking us up and down Paris, pointing out numerous sites we need to go back to visit on our own. I've come home the past two nights exhausted from the several miles that we've walked. Today we saw St. Germain des Prés, St. Sulpice (a Da Vinci Code site!), Jardin du Luxembourg (60 acres of gorgeous gardens), the outside of Palais du Luxembourg (where the French Senate meets), the outsides of Panthéon, Sorbonne, Musée de Cluny, St. Severin, and
finally the Shakespeare and Company bookstore. I browsed a bit in the bookstore at the end, but wasn't able to fully enjoy it because my feet felt like they would break in two.
Pictures!
I love this statue of Mary and baby Jesus in St. Sulpice. It was hard to take your eyes off of it once you were there. This was actually very high, near the ceiling, so I had to gaze up at it. It's as if they are descending from the heavens above.

This picture actually shows the grand scale of the statue's placement in the cathedral.

At St. Germain, I found this little painting propped up on the floor in one of the alcoves on the side.

Rebecca and me at the Sorbonne.

Shakespeare and Company Bookstore!

10 comments:
Welcome to the world of BLOGGING! Have you seen my blog?? Princessbordelga.blogspot.com
Yay! I'm so jealous and wish I were there too! Have fun sweets, muah!
Hi,
Grandma asked if you could write things on a blog but I didn't know!
I'll tell her you can.
Mom
Hi Alyssa,
What a great time your having in Paris! Nice blog site, pictures and commentary. I really enjoyed your e-mail talking about your first day there and the toothless guy and how "healthy" he thought you were when you told him you don't smoke, drink coffee, or drink!!
Love,
Dad
P.S. I guess he wasn't toothless but was missing only 1/2 of one tooth
PARIS ET LA REINE DU MONDO UNE FOIS QUE IN GOUTTES ON PEUT PLUS SONT PASSEZ CIAO COLUCCIO
Hi Alyssa,
That's a cute picture of you in front of the Louvre! Did you get a new "man purse"?
Mom
Alyssa, You and your friends look great. So glad you are enjoying Paris, your pictures of the sights bring back many fond memories that Grandpa, Newel,Ryan and I have of when we were in Paris. Grandpa & I have been there twice and still haven't seen all that you are able to by being there longer. Take care (be careful) and have a wonderful time. We love you, Grandma & Grandpa Linford
Hi Alyssa,
It's no wonder they shop everyday with such miniature vehicles. One trip for me to costco and the suburban is at maximum capacity!
We're having a "senior prom" tonight at River Meadows Senior Living Center. Should be a blast from the past!
Mom
Hi Alyssa!
Love the view of the courtyard! so Authentic! I bet Madame Michel would love to hear you play the piano. (jouer le piano?) Anyway- I'm lovin' your blog!
Mom
Post a Comment