Friday, January 25, 2008

California Dreamin'

Thought I was gone, eh? Wrong!
I have another photo album!

California trip


Jackie and Bruce got married!


Sheri, Heather, and me


I LOVE the beach!

This last weekend I drove down to Yorba Linda with Sheri because JACKIE, our friend from middle/high school, got married!! (To Bruce, who I met for the first time at the reception). We were in Yorba Linda/Newport Beach for a grand total of 24 hrs. Kind of swooped in and out. (We're smooth like that). It was great to be able to see friends from high school and many people from my old ward. AND I went to Laguna Beach and spent 45 glorious minutes carefully kicking up the water (we went there after the temple).

On the way down, Sheri and I stayed at her grandparents' house in St. George. Her grandma got married last year to _______ (his name escapes me). He asked where I was born and my last name (Orange County, Linford) and then immediately asked if I knew "Ray Linford." That caught me a bit off guard because Raymond Linford was my great-grandfather. I've never met him (he passed away a few decades ago) and was surprised that Sheri's new step-grandfather in St. George knew him.

When we stopped in St. George on the way back, I met Sheri's second cousin Sheri. She lives in American Fork and is the neighbor of Aubrey, who was in Paris with me. What are the chances? And there was another cousin who was a good friend of my great uncle and aunt. All in all, it was a very coincidental weekend!

I loved being able to see Jackie take this next step in her life. I'm so happy for her!

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenn said...

Alyssa,
I'm so jealous that you were in California recently. I bet your missing it now that the snow won't stop. Your blog is cute. Brandon and I especially like the picture of the Eiffel Tower. Keep in touch. We just started a blog, too. bjlinford.blogspot.com