I love those times when something happens and I say, "that was awesome, I have to write it down." And I don't. Maybe sometimes I do. But not very often. Life is too short to go throughout without all the built-up hilarious moments. So I have one story and more will follow!
It's Easter. My family (and my friend Alyse) are gathered around the table. The food looks delicious, and will turn out to be, in fact, delectable. My mom wants to set the tone and adjusts the sound system. A low, droning organ tone emanates from the CD player. We all look at each other in slight confusion.
"I feel like I'm at a funeral," Dad says. Mom finds the non-deathlike Easter appropriate music and takes a seat. We all excitedly ask about the potato dish, which is a must-have at every Easter meal. It quickly transforms into a discussion about the correct terminology for said potato dish.
-"Can you pass the funeral potatoes, please?" Casey asks, knowing all too well how Mom feels about this new "Utah" phrase.
-"They're NOT funeral potatoes! This is a celebration! You can't call my potatoes that!" Mom says with exasperation.
-"What do we call them then?" Casey asks, smiling.
-"RESURRECTION potatoes!" A brilliant sibling suggests. We all laugh. And Resurrection potatoes they became.
A moment in the life of the Linford family. I love it!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
alyssa, i've had a secret crush on you for over a year and i'm happy to have found your blog on facebook.
I can totally picture wour family around the table having this discusion. Too funny!
Well, I was going to comment on the Easter potatoes because I can imagine it as if I was there; but this message from Mr. Anonymous is much more exciting! Do you think he recycles? If not, don't waste your time. j/k But seriosly, keep me posted. This looks juicy...
Post a Comment