Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Je vais partir cette endroit....

Hey all!

To those of you who still read (haha, I'm not terribly regular!), I thought you should know that I'm leaving on a jetplane! No. But kind of! I turned in my papers to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In a few months, I'll be gone for a year and a half in who-knows-where! For those of you have been talking to me lately, I've been considering this for a few months, but finally finished up my papers with my stake president on Sunday. And I feel great about it! I love the gospel and am excited to have this opportunity to share it with others.

I'm one of those girls who never wanted to go on a mission growing up. No really. It was not in the plan. But coming to BYU, maturing, and figuring out what is really important has changed that. What better way to show your love of God than through service? I know it won't be a breeze. It will be challenging but also a great learning experience. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but I love talking to returned missionaries the best. Girls who have served missions are amazing!! (Yes that includes you, JENN!)

Well, cat's out of the bag. Such a relief!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations Alyssa, that is so awesome! You will be such a great missionary--I hope you keep everyone posted on your blog (if you're allowed to) about your experiences, I'm sure it will be amazing!

Michelle said...

Yay Alyssa! I'm so excited for you! You will be such a great missionary! I'm excited to hear where you will be serving!

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I saw your blog on Michelle's page I will have to add you to our blog. It was fun running into you on campus a few weeks ago!

Corina said...

I'm so excited for you! I totally agree about the RM comment. I feel like girl RMs are on this whole other level of wisdom. I want that wisdom someday :) Can't wait to here where you're going.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Congrats, Alyssa! This is such a big step. Brandon and I are REALLY excited for you. You're right-- it's going to be tough but the tougher it gets the more you'll rely on the Lord and you'll love how He changes your life. Let us know as soon as you open your call in 2 or 3 weeks.

Lynzy and Keith said...

WOOHOO!!! you better post when you get your call!!

actually, forget the post! you better call!!

I love you Alyssa :)