A group of us planned to go to the Rodin museum yesterday morning. It just so happened that yesterday was the rainiest day of them all. So I probably exacerbated the cold by going to a museum that's half-outdoors on a rainy day. But I actually enjoyed seeing it in the rain.
The first sculpture we saw is also the most famous, "The Thinker."
This is a view of the Église du Dôme at Les Invalides from the Rodin museum garden. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing this because I did a report on it back at BYU.
On Thursday, Janna and I went on a mission to find a few stores that Mme Michel said were close to our apartment. We began wandering a bit and ended up on a dead end little road. I was shocked when I looked up and saw that we were walking right by the Sudanese and Indian embassies. How often do you stumble upon an embassy of one of the most hated governments in the world? The Sudanese embassy had red paint from paintballs splattered on it (I wonder why)...
The world can seem so small at times.
1 comment:
So sad that you are sick and had to miss the dance. Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment