Tuesday, October 2, 2007

La Retour de la Pluie

So yesterday was interesting. It being the first day I would venture out since two days of home rest, I wanted to make sure I was appropriately attired. I could see the sun and the temperature was perfect. So flats and a light sweater it was. Janna and I were serenaded by a saxophonist on the metro (well, we were right in front of him anyway) and everything seemed great.

THEN:
As we approached the staircase up to Rue de Renard, we heard the telltale sound of rain hitting pavement. Not just a sprinkling: it was pouring sheets of rain. Since this was the one day in the week we didn't have an umbrella, Janna and I decided to run for the institute. It was actually pretty fun. I hadn't been jogging in a while (ahem...two weeks) so it felt great. We slogged into the chapel for devotional and only after visiting the bathroom did I register exactly how pathetic we looked. My eyeliner was dripping and hair was not to be rescued. And my poor sockless feet! Darn flats- not exactly conducive to protecting your feet.

After devotional, we got crepes to warm ourselves up (I LOVE the countless creperies in Paris!). Then Janna, Aubrey and I went to Free 'P' Star, the most affordable vintage shop in Paris. It also happens to be just a couple of blocks away from the institute. First thing we saw was enough army jackets to clothe 50 (only 5 euros if anyone's interested!). It also had a ton of dresses and a fair amount of fur (of which I am not a fan). Aubrey and I are about the same size so we tried on many of the same dresses (always a recipe for......well anyway, do not come between a girl and her new favorite dress.) Luckily, we both found a dress we liked, and got out of there when more and more people came in. It is tiny, especially the little closet of a basement.

Now I'm excited about my art history class meeting in the Louvre tomorrow! And the group is going to the Loire Valley on Thursday for the weekend.

Oh...and guess what?? It's raining. Again. Go figure.

No comments: