The other day I was walking to my [family/sister's] car which was parked directly south of campus. There's a story for that (and there usually is). But anyway, I happened to walk down the oh-so memorable path I took once, usually twice, every day to the complex where I stayed over the summer. It need not be named, but just know that it used to share the same awning as the plasma donation center downtown (I say "used to" because the plasma center decided it was too classy for that.) As I was trying to take graceful steps down that steep hill, I had a flashback of when I walked down with Rebecca to sign our contracts for the summer almost exactly one year before.
I had no idea what to expect from that summer. Everything was open and anything could have happened. It was the first summer I stayed "on purpose" in Provo. The year before, I moved to Provo for spring term on a whim with a friend just because the rent was dirt cheap. The second-half of that summer paled in comparison to the first. This last summer with Rebecca turned out well. Nothing spectacular happened, but it was comfortable. And now another summer approaches.
I love summer. And I am especially excited for this one. It could very well be the last summer I spend in Provo (at least I kind of hope so) and I plan to make the most out of every moment of it! To me, summer is like the beginning of a new year. It's a fresh start when you can make anything happen. Everything is a little more relaxed, the sun is shining, and people are happy. It's amazing what a breezy, sun-filled day can do to boost your morale. Those days where you could spend forever outside without a care in the world create the best memories. Unfortunately, the number of days that are truly like that steadily decrease as you get older. But even an hour of enjoying the outdoors can turn a mediocre day on its head.
What's not to love about summer? Well, it does tend to produce hot, sweaty days just when the a.c. fails. But let's not dwell on that :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment