So this is my pivotal semester. This is it! I'm in my fourth year at BYU, yet at times must still deny freshman status. I blame it on my youthful appearance and honestly, I leave about five minutes for makeup in the morning. So no fancy age-defining face coming from my direction. But as my CA high school psychology teacher wisely said, "You can either look old when you're young, or young when you're old. If you look old when you're young, then you're going to look even older when you're old. But if you look young when you're young, then you get to look young when you're old too."
I know, I know. I was stunned by the genius of this statement too. Mr. Curran had quite the way with words. And for the record, I'm pretty sure he was old(er). And even more so now...
But my point is that here I am in my fourth year of college. It doesn't get any more pivotal than this. I kind of made a huge decision that it's still a little difficult to wrap my head around. I know it's the right choice. If I were to completely re-evaluate my whole life, I would not have it go in any other direction. It's just hard to make that first step, to say yes, I am doing this. This is not only a good decision for some people to make, this is the best decision I can make right now. It's amazing to reflect on the past and see how we got to where we are. It's a process. I'm one of those people who doesn't particularly love change but dislikes doing the same thing for too long. Well, a paradoxical outlook equals a paradoxical life, right? What does that mean for the future? I'm not sure. I look at our country and have no idea what is in store. We're at a crossroads- me, you, the country, the whole world. All in the same position yet so far from each other. It's the ultimate inescapable paradox.
I must get some shut-eye, but I promise this is going somewhere. Just wait and see!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I want to know what it's leading to....don't leave us hanging too long! :)
any news yet?
Post a Comment