Sunday, September 21, 2008

Relief Society :)

I feel at peace today. This tranquility will most likely not carry on through the rest of the week (one word: school), but at least there is today. I am just grateful for so much.

Today in church we had our first relief society meeting. It is comprised of half of the girls in the ward and I think it's going to be great this year! Everyone is sincerely intent on getting to know the others and creating unity within the group. I had the impression today of how thankful I am for such a strong network of women. And I was struck by the distinct contrast between men and women. Women are predisposed to nurturing, compassion, and the like. Not to say that men don't have that, but it just seems to be so prevalent among women. I think that's why it's so important to us to feel that we have deep friendships that involve mutual trust and care. That is what we live for! I don't know how men feel, I've never been a man, but girls find that to be incredibly important. That is why we care so much when we "fight" with other girls: we're emotionally invested in those relations.

No comments: