It's been a while, but guess what? I finally went to the allergist a few weeks ago! It was a very informative visit. I got to tell him about the whole jogging/hives incident and mentioned that I had eaten an hour before I went jogging, which was unusual. He asked excitedly, "What did you eat??" I laughed. My summertime dinners are never really planned out. They just kind of happen. "Well, I started out with celery and peanut butter. . ." I might as well have told him that I discovered the secret to black holes in the universe. He got so excited! He told me all about this allergist convention where they learned about a study of the exact same thing. Celery and jogging combination- not the best. So then I was tested. . .
So that's it- I'm allergic to celery! Semi-allergic, anyway. I eat it cooked and. . .nada. That's about as random as it gets, especially since most people don't think twice about it, and this summer it was my chosen vegetable.
Sometimes life deals the oddest hand. :)
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If I had to choose a food to be allergic to I think celery would be up at the top of the list. Can you imagine being allergic to chocolate or strawberries that would be tragic. I'm glad that the mystery is solved.
Post a Comment