Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Country

I feel bad. I last wrote on Thursday (9/11), and I didn't say anything about the anniversary. But I did think about the many people affected by that tragedy on Thursday. To think how much has changed in seven years is unbelievable. There is so much I could say about that, but I wouldn't even know where to start. I love my country. It's not perfect, and it could definitely use some work, but it's mine. And I think many Americans would agree that they would like to build it up, to find strength in a nation which we love dearly. That may sound terribly idealistic, but what can I say? I'm an idealist. It may not be pragmatic, but it helps me remember why we're in this, what it is we're aspiring to become.

So...there you go. God bless the U.S.A.!




And also, I hope that things turn out okay in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike in Texas. Especially for my awesome brother and sister-in-law. I love you Brandon and Jenn!

No comments: